Creating a Channel
- To create a new channel, open the Admin Console, klick on "Directory" and select "Channels".
- Click on the button "+ Add new channel" in the top right-hand corner.
- A window will then open in which you can select a channel name, a channel image and a channel description.
- Clicking on the field "Create channel" completes the process.
After creation the settings for the channel open:
- In the "Authorization" section you can set who is allowed to create posts in this channel in the future, e.g. only channel owners or all users.
- In the "Features" section you will find other functions that you can define for the channel. Here you can make the channel e.g. an open channel. Then users can join or leave this channel at any time.
- Under the tab "Members" you can manage the members of the channel. This includes adding, removing and organizing roles. How this works is described here.
Editing a Channel
Open the Admin Console and click on "Channels" in the "Directory" area.
Click on the channel you want to edit.
Below you can edit the channel name, description and picture.
Here you can determine who can post, whether only channel admins or all users
The following features can be set here for each channel:
Deleting a Channel
You can delete a channel in the channel overview by clicking on the three dots on the right and selecting "Delete channel".