Inappropriate or offensive comments under posts can be reported by any user to create a positive and respectful work environment.
How a comment can be reported is described here: How can I report a comment?
How to activate the feature?
- Open the Admin Console. This is only available to system administrators.
- Click on the "Organization" section.
- In the "Report content" section, check the toggle "Enable report comments."
- In the field provided, enter the email address(es) to which the messages should be sent. Confirm each entry by pressing Enter.
- Then click on Save.
What happens when a comment is reported?
Once a comment has been reported, an email is sent to the relevant employees who can review it and take appropriate action.
The email contains the following information:
- First & last name and username of the user who reported the comment.
- Channel of the post
- Post title
- Link to the post
- First & last name as well as username of the user who posted the comment
- Content of the comment
The email is currently sent in English.
Note: Only channel administrators can delete comments! Instead of the comment, "This comment has been removed" will be displayed after deletion.